Software developers can use the SharePoint 2010 business collaboration platform to build enterprise-class solutions for intranet portals and the web. You can use these ten modules to get started with development for SharePoint 2010 using Visual Studio 2010.
Getting Started Home Page Module 1: Getting Started: Building Web Parts in SharePoint 2010 Module 2: What Developers Need to Know About SharePoint 2010 Module 3: Building Blocks for Web Part Development in SharePoint 2010 Module 4: Accessing SharePoint 2010 Data and Objects with Server-Side APIs Module 5: Accessing SharePoint 2010 Data and Objects with Client-Side APIs Module 6: Accessing External Data with Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010 Module 7: Developing Business Processes with SharePoint 2010 Workflows Module 8: Creating Silverlight User Interfaces for SharePoint 2010 Solutions Module 9: Sandboxed Solutions for Web Parts in SharePoint 2010 Module 10: Creating Dialog Boxes and Ribbon Controls for SharePoint 2010
Be one of the first to get a sneak peek at the new IDE features planned for the next version of Visual Studio! At this session, see how we’ve improved the Visual Studio developer experience — streamlining the common tasks, simplifying the environment and allowing you to focus on the code that matters.
How do I download the videos?
- To download, right click the file type you would like and pick “Save target as…” or “Save link as…”
Why should I download videos from Channel9?
- It’s an easy way to save the videos you like locally.
- You can save the videos in order to watch them offline.
- If all you want is to hear the audio, you can download the MP3!
Which version should I choose?
- If you want to view the video on your PC, XBox or Media Center, download the High Quality WMV file (this is the highest quality version we have available).
- If you’d like a lower bitrate version, to reduce the download time or cost, then choose the Medium Quality WMV file.
- If you have a Zune, iPhone, or iPod device, choose the MP4 file.
- If you just want to hear the audio of the video, choose the MP3 file.
Here is a list of useful resources related to ASP.NET MVC.
1. Getting Started
- Installation and Overview
- ASP.NET MVC Forum
2. What is MVC?
3. Controllers and Routing
5. Models (Data)
- Using Entity Framework (EF) Code First
- Using EF Database First
- Implementing the Repository Pattern for TDD
- Common Validation Scenarios
- ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Using jQuery
- Unobtrusive Ajax in ASP.NET MVC 3
- Sending JSON to an Action Method
- Adding Ajax to ASP.NET MVC
- Adding Ajax to a Contacts Application
- Microsoft Ajax CDN
9. Dependency Injection
10. Unit Testing
- ASP.NET Deployment Content Map
(see Web application projects)
- Enabling IIS 7.x
- Web Application Projects Deployment
12. NuGet (Packages)
SharePoint 2010 Developer Training Course, recently updated, contains 20 very useful training sessions covering all aspects of developing solutions on SharePoint 2010 platform using Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010. SharePoint 2010 provides the business collaboration platform for developers to build fast solutions using familiar tools while taking advantage of a rich set of out of the box features. Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010 make developers more creative and Visual Studio Team Foundation Server delivers support for application lifecycle management.
The course includes demos, presentations, labs and instructor videos on the following topics: